I mean… just LOOK at this burger. We stuffed ours with not only the homemade veggie patty, but lettuce, sweet potato fries, a “mozzarella” stuffed onion ring (YES, you read that correctly), tomato, avocado, and vegenaise. Really, all we can say about it is that it was UNREAL.
Mom's Veggie Burger
A burger the whole family will love!
- 3 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup beets (we used Trader Joes marinated jar)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- Step 1 Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Step 2 Purée everything in a food processor. The mixture should be sticky, but if it seems too wet add a bit more ground flax or oats.
- Step 3 Form patties* (should create about 10, depending on how big) and place them on a lined and greased pan. Place in freezer for about 2 hours before cooking.
- Step 4 Preheat oven 400° F.
- Step 5 Once oven is pre-heated, bake burgers four about 30 minutes.
- Step 6 Cook on a lightly oiled skillet over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until desired crispiness. Top them with your fave ingredients and serve on a bun!
- Step 7 *Pro tip- our mom uses a greased 40 oz. Jif peanut butter jar lid to form the perfect patty shape!