For this recipe, we use simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen – flour, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, & more – and if you don’t, we’ll link some options for ya so that you do!
So what’s stopping you? Make these ASAP- you won’t be disappointed. Find the full recipe below!
Sweet & Sour Cauliflower
This is one of our all-time favorite recipes and we are so excited to share it with all of you. We hope you love it as much as our family does. Enjoy!
- For the battered cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- For the sweet & sour sauce:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or sub agave
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp. chili garlic sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- Sesame seeds
- Step 1 Start by greasing a large baking sheet with olive oil & preheat oven to 450°F.
- Step 2 Chop cauliflower into small pieces.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, make the batter by combining water and flour. Mix well until there are no chunks.
- Step 4 Dunk each piece of cauliflower into the flour/water mixture and let excess batter drip off before placing on the greased baking sheet.
- Step 5 Bake for 20-25 minutes (flip halfway & cook until crispy).
- Step 6 While the cauliflower is baking, make the sauce! In a deep pan, over medium heat, combine the soy sauce with the maple syrup and whisk.
- Step 7 Then, add rice vinegar and sesame oil to the mixture and mix.
- Step 8 Next, add the chopped garlic, ginger and chili garlic sauce (if using). Mix.
- Step 9 In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water. Mix this until it is dissolved.
- Step 10 Add the cornstarch/water to the sauce and mix again.
- Step 11 Let the sauce cook until it becomes thick and sticky (you may need to turn the heat up a bit for this to happen)!
- Step 12 In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower in the sauce and then transfer to a serving bowl. Top with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
Ingredients/Tools Used: Cauliflower |Canola Oil | Flour | Maple Syrup or Agave | Soy Sauce | Rice Vinegar | Sesame Oil | Garlic | Ginger | Chili Garlic Sauce | Cornstarch | Green Onion | Sesame Seeds | Skillet