Let’s be real, waiting for dinner to be ready is difficult. We want our food and we want it now. This is why we love appetizers – they make waiting for dinner that much easier. And usually, they’re frickin’ good. This is one of our favorites – it’s as delicious as it is easy (and it’s super easy).
With just a few ingredients –
vegenaise (we love this brand)
vegan cream cheese,
& lemon juice
– you can make it for yourself.
The only thing that can make this dip better? Bread. You can buy any vegan croissant dough and surround the dip with some garlic knots. Or, if you’re feeling fancy, stuff the dip inside of croissants.
Or, you can even stuff the dip (+ more cheeze) into an everything bagel, like so.
And if you love appetizers like we do, check out these other recipes:
Cheezy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Wanna pregame for dinner? We've got you covered.
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh packed spinach
- 1/2 cup vegenaise
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese (optional, we used Daiya cheddar)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan parmesan (optional, we used Follow Your Heart)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2 Chop artichokes and spinach into small pieces.*
- Step 3 Mix all ingredients (minus parmesan, if using) together.
- Step 4 Spread dip in a large baking dish**. Sprinkle parmesan on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and golden-brown. If you like a crispy top, broil for a few extra minutes.
- Step 5 *We use a salad chopper to mix the ingredients together and chop the artichokes and spinach.
- Step 6 **In this picture, we used about 1/4 – 1/3 of the spinach dip and surrounded it with garlic knots. For the knots, we used vegan croissant dough and formed balls. We then brushed them with a mixture of olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt, and oregano. We baked the knots and the dip together until both were golden-brown.
Ingredients Used: Artichokes | Spinach | Vegenaise | Vegan Cream Cheese | Vegan Cheese | Garlic Powder | Lemon Juice | Salt & Pepper | Vegan Parmesan