These pumpkin spice oatmeal cream pies are beyond good. Like, think pumpkin spice latte infused Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Creme Pies. But better.
They are super easy to make and they’re even gluten free!
For the cookies, you’ll need:
2 cups oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegan butter (we use buttery sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups oats
To make, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin spice in one bowl and beat the pumpkin, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in another. Next, mix the dry ingredients into the wet and fold in the oats. Scoop balls of dough onto baking sheet and flatten with your fingers or the bottom of a cup.
Bake the cookies at 350°F for 9-11 minutes. Let them cool completely, then frost the underside of one cookie with pumpkin spice buttercream and top with another cookie. For the fluffy buttercream, you’ll need:
1/2 cup vegan butter (room temp)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp pumpkin spice
Beat the butter until it is very fluffy, for at least one minute. Add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat for another minute or so. Add the pumpkin spice and beat again.
I mean, how good do they look? You’ll please everyone with these, we promise. Find the full recipe below!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cream Pies
A fall twist on a classic treat!
- For the cookies:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups oats
- For the buttercream:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (room temp)
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Step 2 Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, add the pumpkin puree, butter, sugars, and vanilla and beat with a mixer.
- Step 4 Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Step 5 Fold in the oats.
- Step 6 Use a scooper to place rounded scoops of batter on a lined baking sheet. Flatten each with your fingers or the bottom of a cup.
- Step 7 Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Step 8 Make the buttercream! Beat the butter for about a minute.
- Step 9 Add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat for another minute or so.
- Step 10 Add the pumpkin spice and beat again.
- Step 11 Let the cookies cool completely. Spread or pipe the frosting on the bottom of one cookie and top with another!