We finally had a cool and cloudy day in Southern California, so I was craving warm comfort food. I make mac & cheez ALL the time so I decided to change it up a bit & made a DELICIOUS creamy curry pasta – it was very comforting and hit the spot! For this recipe you’ll need:
Gluten Free Pasta (we used this kind!) | Oil | Asparagus | Onion | Garlic Cloves | Rice/Coconut Milk (We always use this brand rice milk!) | Oat Flour | Red Curry Paste | Vegetable Broth | Curry Powder | Garlic Powder | Salt | Tomatoes | Kale or Spinach
Feel free to change up the veggies to make it your own! Enjoy!
Creamy Curry Pasta
We finally had a cool and cloudy day in Southern California, so I was craving warm comfort food. I make mac & cheez ALL the time so I decided to change it up a bit & made a DELICIOUS creamy curry pasta - it was very comforting and hit the spot! Feel free to change up the veggies to make it your own!
- 2 cups uncooked gluten-free pasta shells
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 & 3/4 cup unsweetened rice or coconut milk
- 2 tsp. gluten free flour (I used oat flour)
- 2 tsp. red curry paste
- 2 tbs. vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh kale or spinach
- Step 1 Cook pasta according to instructions on the back of package.
- Step 2 In a large pan over medium-heat, sauté onion, garlic & asparagus in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.
- Step 3 Stir in the milk, flour, curry paste, vegetable broth, curry powder, garlic powder & salt.
- Step 4 Bring mixture to a boil.
- Step 5 Turn down to medium-heat and simmer (covered) for 10 minutes. If the mixture is not thickening, mix together 1.5 tbs. cornstarch & 1 tbs. water in a small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved, then add to sauce.
- Step 6 Add cooked pasta, tomatoes & kale/spinach.
- Step 7 Stir and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Step 8 Serve & enjoy!