This recipe puts a healthy spin on the classic comfort dish we all know and love – and it’s made with just a few simple ingredients:
Noodles (We like these gluten free ones!)
Non-dairy milk (We like this kind)
Nutritional yeast (We use this brand!)
Flour & spices
It’s just too easy, how could you not make it? See below for the full recipe!
Broccoli Mac & Cheeze
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Small head of broccoli
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Step 1 Cook pasta according to instructions on the back of package.
- Step 2 Next, make the mac & cheeze sauce: Mince the broccoli, onion & garlic.
- Step 3 Sauté onion & garlic in 1 tbsp. olive oil for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Step 4 Add the second tbs. of olive oil & flour. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Step 5 Stir in the milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, chili powder & salt.
- Step 6 Mix until well combined. Add the broccoli.
- Step 7 Let the mixture heat covered (stirring occasionally) for 5 minutes
- Step 8 Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes (until achieving desired thickness). If the mixture doesn’t seem thick enough, add a bit more flour.
- Step 9 Add pasta to the cheese sauce & serve in two bowls and enjoy (we love to top it with follow your heart vegan parmesan)!