This one pot tomato pasta is as easy as it is tasty – plus, it’s gluten free! All it takes is a few simple ingredients that you most likely have in your kitchen:
Rice milk (we love this brand)
Dry pasta (we used this gluten free kind)
& Chick’n (this brand is our favorite)
It’s almost too easy.
Check out some of our other delish gluten free meals!
GF Creamy Tomato Pasta w/ Chick'n
So simple and so delicious. We love this healthy and gluten free take on tomato pasta!
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 cups dry pasta
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup chopped vegan chick'n strips
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Step 1 Add onion and garlic to a large sauce pan. Cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Stir in mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Step 3 Add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, rice milk & spices and bring to a boil.
- Step 4 Turn the heat down to medium. Stir in pasta and cook for about 8 minutes (according to package instructions).
- Step 5 Stir in chick’n or your favorite protein. “Beef” crumbles would be delicious too! Add salt & pepper and cook for another minute.
- Step 6 Top with fresh basil (optional) and serve. (Add more salt and pepper to taste) The sauce will thicken as it sits & will thicken when refrigerated (perfect for leftovers!)