Because who doesn’t love noodles in a creamy, spicy peanut sauce? With just five ingredients, you’ll have an amazing sauce that you’ll want to put on just about everything. All you need is:
Peanut butter (this is an organic brand)
Soy sauce (we use this low-sodium kind)
Sriracha (this is the BEST kind)
Maple Syrup (here is an organic brand)
Rice Vinegar (this is our favorite brand)
Sounds simple enough, right? Mixed together with noodles, veggies, and tempeh makes for a delicious, hearty meal!
If you love peanutty foods as much as we do, check out some of our other favorite peanut dishes!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy will work)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 oz. (or two servings) rice noodles
- 4 oz. tempeh (chopped)
- 2 green onions + more for serving (chopped)
- 2 handfuls of kale (stemmed & chopped)
- Sesame seeds, for serving (optional)
- Step 1 Start by whisking together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, maple syrup, and rice vinegar (this is your peanut sauce). Set aside.
- Step 2 Heat sesame oil in a large wok (a large saucepan should work too, you may just have to adjust cook time) over high heat.
- Step 3 Add chopped tempeh and let cook for 4-5 minutes (mixing periodically to ensure it does not burn).
- Step 4 While the tempeh is cooking, cook the noodles according to the instructions on the back of the packaging (we love these noodles).
- Step 5 Turn the heat of the wok down to low-medium heat and add in the chopped green onions and kale. Mix.
- Step 6 Add in about 1 tbsp. of water and continue mixing. Let cook until the kale gets semi-wilted and the water has boiled off.
- Step 7 Add half of the peanut sauce to the tempeh and veggies and mix.
- Step 8 Add the cooked noodles to the wok and mix well.
- Step 9 Split evenly amongst two plates.
- Step 10 Heat up the rest of the peanut sauce in the microwave for ~10 seconds.
- Step 11 Drizzle both plates of noodles with the sauce and top with more green onions and sesame seeds (if you desire)!
- Step 12 Eat up.