I know, I know. Why fix something that isn’t broken? Original puppy chow is perfect just the way it is (we would know, we make it about once a week!). But this version is just THAT GOOD. And changing it up is nice once in awhile!
Vegan white chocolate coats crunchy rice chex cereal, all covered in white CAKE BATTER, powdered sugar, and of course sprinkles! Use festive sprinkles for a Valentine’s day twist!
We get these VEGAN white chocolate chips and this vegan buttery spread! To ensure the powdered sugar is vegan, we use organic! We found vegan cake batter mix, rice chex, and sprinkles at local grocery stores – there are plenty of vegan options, just check the ingredients!
Check out some other no-bake desserts!
and of course, Vegan Puppy Chow!
Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow
A delicious twist on the classic puppy chow/muddy buddies recipe we all know and love.
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or vegan buttery spread
- 4 cups gluten free vegan rice chex cereal
- 2 tbsp sprinkles (+more for topping)
- 1 cup vegan, dry white cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Step 1 In a microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate chips and butter. Melt in 30 second intervals until completely melted, making sure not to overcook (alternatively you can use a double broiler).
- Step 2 Place the cereal into a large bowl. Pour the white chocolate mixture over the cereal.
- Step 3 Mix completely so that all cereal pieces are covered.
- Step 4 Fold in the sprinkles (don’t mix too much as the sprinkles could melt).
- Step 5 In a large plastic bag, add the cake mix and powdered sugar. Pour in the cereal mixture.
- Step 6 Zip the bag tightly and shake until every piece is covered.
- Step 7 Pour into a container, top with extra sprinkles, and enjoy!!