These veggie bowls (inspired by the ancient grains bowl from True Foods) are loaded with tons of good for you ingredients. All you’ll need is:
White miso paste (try this brand!)
Sriracha (this is our fav!)
Agave (here is a good brand)
These bowls are so easy to throw together and with a serving size of two, they are perfect for date night!
Try out some of our other healthy recipes!
Loaded Veggie & Tofu Bowl
Feeling like something super healthy and delicious? Whip up this bowl for dinner tonight!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- For the miso sweet potato:
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 3 tbs. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1.5 tbsp. agave
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- For the tofu:
- 1/2 block tofu
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- For the other veggies:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- Optional: pesto & avocado
- Step 1 Cook the quinoa as instructed on the package.
- Step 2 For the miso sweet potato, mix all of the ingredients (besides sweet potato) in a medium sized bowl.
- Step 3 Evenly coat the diced sweet potato in the mixture.
- Step 4 Carefully place the sweet potato in a medium sized pan, saving the leftover liquid.
- Step 5 Sauté the sweet potato covered on low-medium for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 6 While the sweet potato is cooking, toss the tofu (here is an organic brand) with olive oil & turmeric.
- Step 7 Sauté the tofu and brussels sprouts in a separate pan.
- Step 8 Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes then add the onions and mushrooms.
- Step 9 Cook veggies for another 5-10 minutes (until the brussels sprouts are soft).
- Step 10 Once sweet potato is done cooking, add the rest of the miso mixture and coat evenly.
- Step 11 Add all ingredients evenly to 2 bowls.
- Step 12 Top with avocado and pesto (optional but so tasty!)