Sunday morning isn’t complete without PANCAKES! More specifically, vegan chocolate chip pancakes! These are a perfect sweet treat to enjoy with brunch.
- all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- sugar (we use organic)
- baking powder + salt
- nondairy milk + ac vinegar (this is your vegan buttermilk!) – soy works best for this!
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract (we always buy this organic option because it’s a good deal!)
- and, of course, chocolate chips!!! We love this brand for vegan minis!
Everyone will love this recipe – vegans and non-vegans alike – so get baking!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Looking for Sunday brunch inspo? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Whip up a batch of these fluffy chocolate chip pancakes the whole family will enjoy, guaranteed.
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour measured correctly
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup regular or mini vegan chocolate chips
- Extra vegetable oil for pan
- Whisk together the milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Once the milk has curdled, pour the milk mixture, oil, and vanilla into the dry mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan (oil should lightly coat the bottom of the pan) over medium heat.
- For mini pancakes, pour 1 tbsp of batter onto the pan for each pancake. For normal-sized pancakes, pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until the bottom is lightly golden-brown and bubbles form on top. Flip and cook on the other side until it is golden-brown.
- Repeat with all of the batter and serve immediately with vegan butter and syrup!