These wings put a spicy-Asian spin on our classic vegan (BBQ) wings – get that recipe here! They are easy to make and the sauce contains just a few simple ingredients:
Gochujang (get our favorite brand here!)– if you aren’t familiar with gochujang, it’s a spicy red chili paste that is a staple in our kitchen.
Sesame Oil (we love this kind)
Soy Sauce (here is a low-sodium version we use)
Mirin (we love this brand)
Liquid Smoke (this brand is definitely vegan)
Beware: these wings are pretty darn spicy, but so WORTH IT.
Check out our other delicious wing recipes:
Korean-Style Broccoli Wings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized head of broccoli
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 green onion chopped + sesame seeds, for topping (optional)
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 400°F and greasing a baking sheet with the olive oil.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the water, flour & garlic powder.
- Dunk each piece of broccoli into the mixture (this can be done by either putting all the broccoli into the bowl and mixing or individually dunking each piece).
- Place the battered broccoli on the greased baking sheet (letting excess batter drip off before placing down).
- Cook broccoli for 35 minutes (flipping halfway)- they should be nice and crispy when done.
- While they are cooking, make the sauce by whisking together the gochujang, sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
- When the broccoli is done cooking, put the pieces in a large mixing bowl and toss them in the sauce (all the broccoli should be lightly coated).
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds (if desired) and serve!