These pumpkin spice oatmeal cream pies are beyond good. Think pumpkin spice infused Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Creme Pies. But better.
They are super easy to make and they’re even gluten-free!
For the cookies, you’ll need:
- gluten-free oat flour (measured correctly)
- baking soda and salt
- pumpkin pie spice
- pumpkin puree
- vegan butter (we use buttery sticks)
- sugar and brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
For the fluffy buttercream, you’ll need:
I mean, how good do they look? You’ll please everyone with these, we promise. Find the full recipe below!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cream Pies
For the cookies:
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (measured correctly)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
For the buttercream:
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- nondairy milk as necessary
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F and set aside 1-2 lined baking sheets.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate, large bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, butter, sugars, and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the oats.
- Use a scooper to place rounded scoops of dough (about 2 tbsp each) on a lined baking sheet. Flatten each slightly using your fingers or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Make the buttercream: Add the butter to a large mixing bowl and beat for about a minute.
- Add in the powdered sugar and pumpkin spice and continue to beat for another minute or so.
- Add milk, as necessary, to reach the desired consistency.
- Assemble: For each pie, spread or pipe the frosting on the bottom of one cookie and top with another cookie. Enjoy!