One of our favorite appetizers prior to going vegan was spinach con queso dip, so of course we had to veganize it. This dish takes about 15 minutes to whip up and is made with plant-based ingredients.
Vegan Cream Cheese (we use Tofutti)
Vegan Cheese (we like a combo of pepperjack and cheddar)
Diced Tomatoes (we use this kind!)
Vegetable stock (this brand is organic!)
You may also like
Creamy Spinach Queso
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (we use fire roasted garlic)
- 2 cups vegan cheese shreds (cheddar or flavor of choice)
- 1 cup (1 [8 oz] tub) vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded & chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach (can sub for frozen if you'd prefer)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Mix well.
- Turn heat up to high, bringing the queso to a low boil and stir (making sure to not burn).
- Next, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- That’s it – serve with tortilla chips or whatever you’d like!