This deliciously protein-packed tofu scramble is the perfect addition to your Sunday brunchin’. Enjoy it with some avo toast or as a BREAKFAST SAMMY!
Trust us – once you start making this, you won’t miss your typical, cholesterol-filled scrambled eggs.
Extra Firm or Firm Tofu (here‘s an organic option!)
Low Sodium Soy Sauce or gluten free tamari
Nutritional Yeast (this is our go-to brand)
Turmeric (we like this brand – this gives it its yellow color!)
Salt & Pepper
Make sure to tag us on Instagram to show us how you use your tofu scramble + pin the recipe below to save for later!
Classic Tofu Scramble
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or gluten free tamari
- 1 14 oz block of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste optional
- Drain the tofu and place on paper towel to dry a bit.
- Over medium-low heat, heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Add the soy sauce or tamari, nutritional yeast, and all of the spices. Stir until the tofu is completely covered.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high. Stir occasionally until the tofu is cooked to your liking.
- Serve! We prefer adding this to our delish breakfast sammies (find the recipe HERE!)