These mini muffins taste like little clouds of chocolatey deliciousness. But wait, they’re vegan AND gluten free!?
With a few small tweaks from our chocolate chip muffin recipe, we made these perfectly gluten free muffins reminiscent of the Little Bites Mini Muffins we all grew up eating.
To easily make these delicious muffins, we use:
Oat Flour (we use gluten free)
Salt, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder
Nondairy Milk + Vinegar (hello, vegan buttermilk!)
Sugar (here‘s an organic option!)
Vanilla Extract (we use this brand)
Mini Chocolate Chips – the best part! (THIS is a vegan brand!)
These are a big hit in our house and we know they will be in yours too! So get your grocery list together for this weekend and get baking!
Check out some of our other gluten free breakfast recipes!
Gluten Free Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup nondairy milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 + 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips separated
- Whisk the milk and vinegar and set aside (let curdle for ~10 mins).
- In a mixing bowl, add oat flour*, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add the canola oil and vanilla to the milk mixture (once it has curdled) and whisk together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Set the batter aside for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two mini muffin pans with muffin liners.**
- Pour equal sized portion into a lined mini muffin pan (I filled these up almost all the way). This should fill about 2 pans. Using the remaining chocolate chips, top each muffin with extra chips.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins firm up a bit before eating. The longer they sit, the firmer they’ll become.