We’ve been seeing this cookie recipe all over the internet lately and knew we had to veganize it. If you’ve never heard of these cookies before, DoubleTree by Hilton offers these cookies to guests at check-in and they became very popular. They finally released the recipe for their famous chocolate chip cookies to the public, and although we’ve never had them ourselves, they looked so good that we knew we had to make a vegan version of them.
These cookies are so delicious for so many reasons. They’re huge (~1/4 cup of dough each!), filled with add-ins (chocolate chips, oats, and walnuts), and baked at a low temperature for a longer-than-usual time so that they’re crispy on the edges and still soft in the center.
Our vegan version uses vegan butter in place of non-vegan butter and nondairy milk in place of eggs. We also opted for a smaller batch, yielding ~14 large cookies.
Vegan buttery sticks
Nondairy milk + lemon juice
All purpose flour
Baking soda, cinnamon and salt
And finally, nondairy chocolate chips, oats, and walnuts!
Each cookie is a whole 1/4 cup of dough and loaded with chocolatey, crunchy goodness so you know they’ve got to be good.
If you love cookies, we highly recommend making these. They’re deliciously decadent and a huge crowd-pleaser.
Check out some of our other cookie recipes!
Vegan DoubleTree Cookies
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) non-dairy milk + 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 stick (1/2 cup [113 g]) vegan butter slightly softened*
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp [80 g] granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp [82 g] packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (156 g) all-purpose flour measured correctly*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (20 g) traditional rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup (226 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (112 g) chopped walnuts
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice and milk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the vegan butter with the sugar and brown sugar for ~2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add milk mixture and vanilla to the butter mixture, beating again until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of dough for each cookie, roll into balls and place onto the parchment lined trays. Leave room in between each for spreading. Slightly press down each ball.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges are golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Allow to cool then enjoy!