This orzo salad is super light and the perfect side to bring to Summer picnics or BBQ’s! We have been so obsessed with our Easy Vegan Macaroni Salad recipe lately that we had to create a version of it using orzo.
We love how easy and quick this dish to whip up. Plus, we typically have all of the ingredients in our fridge and pantry ready to go.
All you need is:
1 (16 ounce) package of orzo (stock up here!)
Sweet mustard (we found ours at Aldi but if you cannot find, sub for dijon)
Celery salt (should easily find at most grocery stores but sub for table salt if needed) & ground black pepper
To make this delicious dish, just cook a package of orzo in boiling water for about 9 minutes (or according to package instructions), rinse in cold water and drain. Next, while the pasta is drying in a strainer, make the sauce and chop the veggies. We love the combo of bell pepper, sweet pickles, cherry tomatoes and red onions with the orzo and dressing.
The dressing is super simple – just mix together vegan mayo, lemon juice, rice vinegar (apple cider & white work too!), sweet mustard (can sub with your favorite), sugar (agave should work too for a healthier option), celery salt (table salt works too) & black pepper. Easiest sauce ever!
To finish up the dish, just thoroughly mix together the orzo with the sauce and veggies and eat at room temp or chilled, whichever you prefer! So simple, right?
If you enjoyed this recipe, try out some of our other favorites:
Cold Orzo Salad
- 1 (16 oz) package orzo
- 1 cup sweet pickles diced small
- 1 cup bell peppers diced small
- 1 cup diced sweet cherry baby tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
For the dressing
- 1 cup vegenaise
- 1 tbsp unsweetened rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegan sweet mustard
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Make Orzo according to instructions on package (most state to boil for about nine minutes). One done, strain and rinse with cold water. Let sit in strainer to dry while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the prepared (diced and quartered) vegetables in a large bowl.
- In another smaller bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Add the orzo and dressing to the large bowl and stir in with the veggies. Serve at room temperature or chilled, both options are delicious!