We have been whipping up this quick and easy dinner for years now and finally got around to sharing it with you guys! It’s the perfect meal for two and we love how simple it is to make.
All you need for this dish are the following ingredients:
- Your favorite pasta (try this pasta to make it gluten free!)
- vegan sausage (we love Beyond Meat)
- olive oil
- garlic, onion and peppers
- vegan parm (stock up here) and fresh parsley for topping!
That’s it! Sounds easy, right? Start by boiling your choice of noodles and sautéeing the veggies and sausage in some olive oil. Then chop up the sausage, stir it back into the veggies with the noodles, add more olive oil and spices, combine and serve. So, what are you waiting for? You might even have all of the ingredients on hand. Make this for dinner tonight and enjoy!
Bonus: If you have gluten free sausage and pasta on hand, this dish can easily be made gluten free.
Easy Vegan Sausage Pasta
This pasta is a super simple and delicious dish to whip up on busy nights!
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- 2 vegan sausages
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced (can substitute for 1 tbsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper more to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper more to taste
- Vegan parmesan for topping
- Fresh parsley for topping
- Cook pasta until al dente according to instructions on package.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Sauté sausage, onion and pepper in 2 tbsp olive oil over low-medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, stirring around often, until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add the sausages, onion and bell pepper. Allow to cook, stirring often for 7-10 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the sausage has cooked.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Turn the heat down to low and take the sausage off and place on a cutting board. Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Add back to the veggies.
- Stir in cooked pasta along with the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until fully incorporated. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan.
This recipe is honestly amazing, so quick, simple and delicious!!! Best way to use veg sausages.
Phlanx’s Marketing Specialist
So happy you loved it! Thanks so much for the kind review, Tiffany!