We are huge fans of coconut curry and love to eat it year round, which is why we decided to make a lightened up version that’s perfect for summer and entertaining family and friends. If you’re serving a large crowd, feel free to double this recipe.
About the slow cooker
This Slow Cooker Green Curry recipe is made easy thanks to the Crockpot™ Choose-a-Crock Programmable Slow Cooker–all you have to do is add the ingredients, mix and let your slow cooker do its thing (it doesn’t get much easier than that!). The digital countdown display lets you easily monitor and track the cook time while the auto warm setting automatically switches the temperature to warm when it’s done so your food doesn’t overcook. This slow cooker also has interchangeable stoneware — the 6-qt stoneware is ideal for large meals, and the split 2.5-qt is perfect for dips and appetizers! Bonus: the stoneware and lid are also dishwasher safe (hello, easy clean-up).
This recipe is great for summer weeknights when you want something easy and delicious (win-win!). Plus, it only requires eight simple ingredients. For this recipe you will need:
Extra firm (or firm) tofu
Coconut milk (full fat is best)
Green curry paste (we prefer this brand if you can find or order it)
Green bell pepper
Baby bella mushrooms
Makrut lime leaves (dried or fresh): we recommend fresh if you can find them (you can typically find them at an Asian grocery store), but you can also order dried online here
How to make this curry
All you have to do is add all ingredients to your Crockpot™ Choose-a-Crock Programmable Slow Cooker and let cook! It’s ready after 2 hours on high, or 4 hours on low.
This green curry the perfect summer meal that’s sure to please all guests. It also eliminates any stress because you can prep it ahead of time and let it sit on warm until ready to serve.
You may also like
This post is sponsored by Crockpot™
Slow Cooker Green Curry
- Crockpot™ Choose-a-Crock Programmable Slow Cooker
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 cups (1 large head) broccoli, chopped
- 2 (13.5 oz) cans coconut milk full fat is best
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed can substitute firm, if needed
- 1 (4 oz) can green curry paste
- 5 makrut lime leaves, minced if using fresh, these should look like double leaves (two leaves connected to form one). if using dry and they are single leaves, double the amount
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Add all ingredients to your Crockpot™ Choose-a-Crock Programmable Slow Cooker.
- Mix well, ensuring that the curry paste is well mixed and there are no clumps.
- Cook on high for two hours (alternatively, you can cook on low for four hours).
- Serve as-is or over rice, if preferred.