Pressure Cooker Vegan Mac & Cheese
This mac & cheese is made in a Crockpot™ pressure cooker! It is, quite possibly, the easiest mac and cheese you can make.
- 1 lb (16 oz; 453 g) uncooked macaroni pasta
- 2 cups (480 mL) unsweetened, plain rice milk
- 3 cups (720 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (56 g) vegan butter (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
- 3 cups (339 g) vegan cheddar cheese shreds (or a combo of your favorites)
To your Crockpot™ pressure cooker, add the noodles, rice milk, and water. Stir and place the lid on top. Lock it and ensure the steam release is shut. High steam for 5 minutes (the pressure cooker will pressurize first, then steam for 5 minutes). Once the 5 minutes are up, carefully quick release the steam and open the lid. Turn off the machine.
Stir in the butter, if using, allowing it to melt into the pasta. Stir in the spices, salt, pepper, and mustard, if using. Finally, stir in the cheese shreds until completely melted. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve warm topped with parsley, if desired.