Slow Cooker Caramelized Onion Dip
This dip is pure perfection and great for serving at parties or for large groups. Bonus - it fills your house with a delicious aroma as the onions caramelize.
- 3 tbsp (42 g) vegan butter
- 4 medium-sized sweet onions, peeled and sliced thin can substitute for any white/yellow onion if necessary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup (113 g) cashew cream can substitute for vegan sour cream if necessary
- 2 cups (226 g) vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Chopped chives, for topping optional
Add the butter, sliced onions, salt and pepper to your Crockpot™ Choose-a-Crock Programmable Slow Cooker.
Mix well, coating the onions in the butter.
Add the lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients (besides chives).
Cook on low for 1 hour.
Stir and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Top with chives and serve with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh bread.