Sesame Ginger "Beef" Ramen Noodles
This noodle dish is deliciously sweet, salty, and a little bit spicy. It has rich flavors of sesame, ginger, and garlic. You'll be so obsessed with this dish you'll find yourself going back for seconds and thirds.
- 4 (3 oz [85 g]) packages instant ramen, flavor packets discarded
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 (12-16 oz [340 - 453 g) package vegan ground beef
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 inch (3.8 cm) ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (17 g) sesame seeds, plus extra for topping
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) toasted sesame oil
Cook the ramen according to package (about 3-4 minutes in boiling water). Drain and rinse.
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the "beef" and cook, stirring often, until browned
Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to one minute.
Stir in the soy sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then decrease to a simmer to thicken.
Finally, stir in the noodles and sesame oil. Serve topped with more sesame seeds! This can be served warm, room temperature, or cold.