Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This soup is the perfect way to warm up during fall!
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups unsweetened, plain rice milk
- 5 cups thinly diced broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups diced white onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegan shredded cheese about 1 full bag or 1 shredded block
- 4 tbsp cornstarch + 4 tbsp water mix together to make a slurry
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least an hour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp lime juice
- bread bowls
- vegan mozzarella cheese
Add all ingredients, including the cornstarch slurry but excluding the cashews, water and lime juice, to the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
Make the cashew cream by blending the cashews, water and lime juice.
Add the cashew cream to the pot and mix.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Optional: Serve in a bread bowl and top with vegan mozzarella cheese. Broil to make the cheese melty!