Slow-Cooker Creamy Corn Chowder
Super simple & super delicious vegan version of a crowd favorite!
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups rice milk plain, unsweetened
- 4 green onions white bulbs minced for soup and green diced for topping
- 1.5 cups diced white onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1.5 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp cornstarch + 4 tbsp water mix together to make a slurry before adding to slow-cooker
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least an hour
- 3/4 cup water
Add all ingredients, including the cornstarch slurry but excluding the cashews & water, to the 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker.
Make the cashew cream by blending the cashews & water in a high speed blender.
Add the cashew cream to the pot and mix.
Cook on high for 4 hours.
Top with the minced green onion & serve with a side of fresh bread.