Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This tastes like classic mint chocolate chip ice cream but is completely vegan and even has a secret healthy ingredient!
- 1 cup almond milk creamer or alternative type
- 1 cup coconut milk creamer or alternate type
- 1 can chilled coconut milk just the hardened part
- 1 cup sugar you can adjust based on preferred sweetness
- a few handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
In a food processor, blend the spinach with a little bit of creamer until it is well blended.
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) with the spinach mixture.
Churn the ice cream following your ice cream maker’s instructions. (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, we have a no-churn mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe HERE) Once your ice cream is done, mix in the chocolate chips (this is our favorite brand).
Place the ice cream in a metal loaf pan and cover it with plastic wrap (so that the wrap is directly touching the ice cream).
Freeze until solid (this may take overnight – this is not necessary if you want more of a soft-serve consistency).
We placed this in between two chocolate chip cookies (recipe HERE) for the most delish ice cream sammies!