One of our most popular and personal favorite recipes- PEANUT TOFU! We love to pair it with carrots, broccoli, rice, and green onions, but this recipe is good with just about anything (rice, noodles, veggies, etc.)!
Prep Time 40 minutes mins
Cook Time 30 minutes mins
- 1 14 oz. block of extra firm tofu
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil for marinade + 1 tbsp. for sauteing
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter both crunchy and creamy will work
- 2 tbsp. agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger peeled and minced
Take tofu out of package and press it for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F and place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Chop tofu into small cubes.
Put tofu in the oven for 20 minutes (this will dry out the tofu, allowing it to better absorb the marinade).
While the tofu is cooking, make marinade by combining all ingredients (listed under tofu) in a large mixing bowl.
Once the tofu is done cooking, take out of the oven and put into the mixing bowl with the marinade.
Mix well so that all of the pieces of tofu are covered with the marinade.
Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
Put olive oil for sauteing in a large pan over medium heat.
Remove the tofu from the marinade and add to the pan.
Sauté the tofu until golden brown on all sides.
Heat the remaining sauce and serve the tofu topped with heated sauce. We love to pair our tofu with coconut rice & veggies.