These smoky and crispy slices of tofu make an absolutely delicious TLT (tofu, lettuce, tomato)! Not to mention that chopping them into bite sized pieces and adding them to salads and pizza adds the perfect crunch. All you’ll need is:
And you’re set! Enjoy.
These smoky and crispy slices of tofu are the perfect addition to sandwiches and salads (& they make a delish pizza topping!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, drained
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2 Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 3 Whisk together all ingredients (minus tofu).
- Step 4 Slice tofu into slices that are ~1/4″ thick.
- Step 5 Dip each slice of tofu into the marinade and place onto baking sheet.
- Step 6 Bake for 40 minutes. Every ten minutes, brush the tofu with marinade. At the 20 minute mark, flip the tofu slices (brushing both sides).
- Step 7 To make a TLT, toast two slices of your favorite bread. Spread vegenaise on one slice then layer tofu, lettuce, and tomato. Top with the second slice and cut in half. Enjoy!