This cake requires minimal ingredients, is made in a slow cooker, and is decadently chocolatey. It even makes its own pudding while it cooks!
About this pudding cake
This cake has a layer of hot pudding, a layer of chocolate cake, and a topping of melty marshmallows and chocolate chips. It’s absolutely delicious and perfect to serve a crowd! Bonus: it’s beyond easy to make in your Crockpot™ 7-Quart Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker.
- Elevated Design: Features a streamlined design and minimalist aesthetic
- Cook & Carry Locking Lid: Travel-proof locking lid features a tight seal that prevents leaks and spills – this means hassle- and mess-free travel when you’re on the go!
- Little Dipper Food Warmer: The bonus 16 oz. little dipper warmer is perfect for dips and sauces!
Learn more here: Crockpot™ 7-Quart Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker Mushroom | Crock-Pot
You may also like
Hot Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Crockpot™ 7-Quart Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp (38 g) pure unsweetened cocoa power
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) nondairy milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (330 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (38 g) vegan hot cocoa mix
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cocoa powder
To pour over:
- 3 cups (720 ml) hot water
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your greased 7 QT Crockpot™ Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker.
- For the topping, mix together the brown sugar, hot chocolate mix and cocoa powder, then sprinkle evenly over the cake mixture. Do not stir!
- Finally, pour the hot water all over the top – do not stir!
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 1/2 hours. Remove the lid and top with marshmallows and chocolate chips, then cook 30 more minutes. If the cake isn’t done, you can continue to cook it on low in 30-minute intervals until it is. There will be a gooey layer of pudding on the bottom, but the center should be a fully cooked cake.
- Scoop out cake while warm and serve with your favorite non-dairy ice cream!