It’s time to pull out your Crockpots because it’s Crocktober! October is the official kick-off to the Crockpot cooking season.
These slow cooker cinnamon apples are simple, family-friendly, and absolutely delicious in the fall. They’re sure to make your house smell amazing!
We’ve created this simple, 7-ingredient recipe using the Crockpot™ Design Series® which has some awesome features:
- Available in 3 qt, 4.5 qt, and 7 qt sizes in new colors and styles
- Manual warm setting keeps food warm until it’s time to eat
- Removable stoneware and glass lid are both dishwasher-safe
- Stoneware is oven-safe up to 400°F
And if you needed any more reason to get one yourself, its modern-vintage aesthetic looks great in any kitchen. Head here to check it out!
You need just seven simple ingredients for this recipe:
light brown sugar
cornstarch (+ water)
You may also like
Post sponsored by Crockpot™.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apples
- Crockpot™ Design Series®
- 3 lb (~5-6 large apples) honeycrisp or apples of choice, peeled (if desired) and sliced into 1/2"-3/4" slices
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (6 g) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (56 g) vegan butter, chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 ml) water
- Add the apples to your slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Top with the pieces of butter (don't mix).
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 2-4 hours, until the apples are very soft and tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add to the crockpot and stir, then cook on high for an additional 15 minutes (the liquid should thicken). Remove the lid and stir again.
- Serve as-is, or as we prefer, with vegan waffles and a scoop of vanilla nondairy ice cream!