This veggie pot pie soup is loaded with veggies and flavor! It’s easily made in a Crockpot™ 6qt Easy-to-Clean Slow Cooker.
If you love pot pie, you’ll love this hearty soup. Get your ingredients ready, grab your Crockpot™, and get cooking!
Be sure you have the following ingredients on-hand before beginning.
- sweet onion
- shredded carrots
- frozen green peas
- frozen corn
- dried parsley
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- raw unsalted cashews
- plain unsweetened rice milk
- vegetable or vegan chicken broth
- cornstarch + water
How to make this slow cooker soup
- Prepare. Soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes. Prepare the chopped veggies.
- Add veggies and spices to slow cooker. Add all veggies to the Crockpot™ 6qt Easy-to-Clean Slow Cooker. Add the spices.
- Blend the cashews and rice milk. Add the cashews and rice milk to a high speed blender and blend until creamy.
- Add liquid to the slow cooker. Add rice milk mixture the Crockpot™ with the vegetable broth. Mix it all together.
- Cook. Cook on high heat for 3.5 hours.
- Add the cornstarch slurry. Mix together cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Mix into the soup.
- Cook 30 more minutes. Continue to cook on high heat for another 30 minutes.
- Prepare biscuits. Prepare vegan biscuits (either store bought or homemade).
- Serve. Serve the soup with a biscuit and sprinkle of parsley on each bowl.
You’ll need a few pieces of equipment for this recipe:
High speed blender: You’ll use this to blend together cashews and rice milk before adding to the soup.
Cutting board + knife: You’ll need a cutting board and knife to chop up your veggies.
Crockpot™ 6qt Easy-to-Clean Slow Cooker: Make this soup in a Crockpot™ for the easiest, cleanest soup-making process.
Post sponsored by Crockpot™.
Slow Cooker Veggie Pot Pie Soup
- Crockpot™ 6qt Easy-to-Clean Slow Cooker
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews soaked*
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cups plain unsweetened rice milk
- 1 tbsp dried parsley + extra for topping
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable or vegan chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- 1 package of store bought vegan biscuit dough or 6-8 homemade biscuits
- Soak the cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes. Prepare your chopped veggies.
- Strain the cashews and add to a blender with the rice milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the prepared veggies, spices, rice milk mixture, and broth to your Crockpot™ 6qt Easy-to-Clean Slow Cooker. Mix to combine. Cook on high for 4 hours. When 30 minutes remain, mix together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and mix into the soup.
- Prepare your biscuits according to package instructions or recipe.
- Serve the soup, topping each bowl with extra dried parsley and a biscuit.