What’s better than a warm, chocolatey dessert paired with vanilla ice cream? A warm, chocolate cake that makes its own PUDDING while it cooks!
This vegan chocolate pudding cake is so easy to throw together. Make the cake out of nine simple ingredients (that you probably already have in your kitchen!), sprinkle on a sugary chocolate topping, top with hot water and let your 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker take care of the rest! Don’t have a slow-cooker? No worries, grab yours at Target!
In the end, you’ll have a delectable chocolate cake with a lava-like pudding bottom. What better crowd pleaser is there? Pair it with your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream and you will not be disappointed! Plus, the slow cooker’s non-stick ceramic coating makes it easier to clean by hand compared to traditional stoneware – so everything from cook to clean is easy peasy!
Post sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand.
Slow Cooker Pudding Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa power
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
To pour over:
- 3 cups hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your greased 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker.
- For the topping, mix together the brown sugar and cocoa powder, then sprinkle evenly over the cake mixture.
- Finally, pour the hot water all over the top – do not stir!
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours. A toothpick should come cleanly out of the cake, but the bottom of the cake will have turned into a hot pudding-like mixture. If the cake isn’t done, you can continue to cook it on low in 30-minute intervals until it is.
- Scoop out cake while warm with your favorite non-dairy ice cream!