It’s finally Crocktober, which means it’s time to pull out your Crockpot™ and create some tasty recipes for fall! We, in particular, are so excited about the weather finally cooling down so we can make all the vegan soups and chilis! We love making chili because it’s not only perfect for cleaning out your pantry, it also takes minimal prep work and is so easy to pull together.
Lucky for us (and you!), The Crockpot MyTime™ Slow Cooker makes cooking even easier because it automatically adjusts its cooking cycle to meet your meal time. How much easier does it get than that?
All you need for this simple (but delicious) recipe is:
Garlic + spices
Serrano pepper (optional)
Cashew Cream + parsley for topping
So, what are you waiting for? Run (don’t walk!) to your nearest Target and pick up your Crockpot MyTime™ Slow Cooker today so you can get cooking!
Post sponsored by Crockpot™.
Slow Cooker Hearty Sweet Potato Chili
- Crockpot® Slow Cooker
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (16 oz) can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) can great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 small sweet potatoes peeled and chopped small (about 4 cups)
- 1 white onion peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 serrano pepper minced (optional – omit or replace with favorite pepper if you don't like spice)
- 1 batch cashew cream for topping
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley for topping
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Let cook for at least four (4) hours on high (if you are using The Crockpot MyTime™ Slow Cooker, program it to soup / half pot / the time you wish for it to be ready).
- While the chili is cooking, make our cashew cream recipe found here. Chop the parsley.
- Once the chili is ready, serve with a dollop of cashew cream and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.