The holidays are right around the corner, which means it’s time to pull out your Crockpot™ Design Series®! Just in time for Thanksgiving (or Friendsgiving), we are so excited to bring you one of the easiest (and most delicious!) dessert recipes that’s perfect to share with family and friends.
The best part about this cherry dump cake is that it requires just THREE ingredients and less than five minutes of prep work (did we mention it’s easy?). All you have to do is add the ingredients to your Crockpot™ (we love our Design Series®) and wait 2 to 4 hours, letting the Slow Cooker do all the work!
Crockpot™ Design Series®
If you’re looking for a new Crockpot™ for the holidays (or the perfect gift for a loved one!), we highly recommend the Design Series® because it’s absolutely gorgeous (with a modern/vintage aesthetic), is available in 3 qt, 4.5 qt, and 7 qt sizes in new colors and styles, is oven-safe up to 400° F, and (bonus!) the removable stoneware and glass lid are both dishwasher safe–hello, easy clean-up!
For this recipe all you need is three ingredients:
- Cherry pie filling
- Vegan white or yellow cake mix (many are accidentally vegan, just check the ingredients!)
- Vegan butter (we recommend using a stick of vegan butter rather than from the tub so you can easily slice it into equal pieces)
How to make this
Dump cakes are named after their simple method of dumping all the ingredients in the dish, then baking. That means you don’t need any extra dishes, nor do you need more than 5 minutes to prep this.
To make, simply pour the cherry pie filling in the bottom of the slow cooker, top it with the cake mix, then top the cake mix with the slices of butter (without mixing anything). Then simply turn the slow cooker on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours! What are you waiting for? The easiest, most delicious dessert is waiting for you!
You may also like
Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apples
Pressure Cooker Cinnamon Rolls
Post sponsored by Crockpot™
Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
- 3-5qt Crockpot™ Slow Cooker
- 2 (21 oz) cans cherry pie filling can sub for 1 can cherry and 1 can crushed pineapples, undrained
- 1 (~15 oz) box vegan white/yellow cake mix can substitute chocolate too!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick / 113 g) vegan butter, sliced
- vegan vanilla ice cream optional
- Grease a 3-5 qt Crockpot™ Slow Cooker. Pour both cans of the cherry pie filling into the bottom.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top (don't mix).
- Evenly cover the top with the butter slices, covering as much of the cake mix as possible (don't mix).
- Place the lid on top (you can put a piece of paper towel under the lid if desired to prevent extra moisture from reaching the cake) and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. The cake should be baked through and the bottom should be warm and sticky.
- Serve warm with vegan ice cream, if desired.
Would love to try this! Do you think I can make it in the oven since I don’t have a crockpot?