Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper
Our go to lunch on busy days- a classic TLT (tofu, lettuce, tomato)! It’s quick, easy & absolutely delish!
- 4 slices extra firm tofu cut cross-wise
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to-taste, optional
- Crispy romaine lettuce
- Vegenaise we love Follow Your Heart brand
- 2 slices heirloom tomatoes
- 2 slices bread
- Start by making sure your tofu is drained (pat it down with paper towel to get out as much water as possible).
- Place a medium sized pan over medium-high heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot, place tofu on pan and let sit for a few minutes then flip.
- Sprinkle tofu with garlic powder and salt/pepper (if using). Flip again.
- Cook tofu until crispy on both sides. While the tofu is cooking, pop the bread into the toaster (this is optional, but it’s delish hot and crispy)!
- Take tofu off heat and let sit on a clean paper towel to cool for a couple minutes.
- Time to assemble! Spread vegenaise on one slice of toast (or both if you please) then top with tofu, followed by a few slices of lettuce and the tomato. Top with your second piece of toast, cut in half & ENJOY!