The best mornings involve coffee and banana bread, and lucky for you, we’ve got you covered for 1/2 of that.
This banana bread has a deliciously moist texture and is perfectly sweetened to go with your morning cup of joe.
For this bread, you’ll need:
overly ripe bananas
flax egg (flax meal + water)
almond milk (or another nondairy milk)
white sugar + brown sugar
baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon
And a topping of cinnamon, sugar, chopped walnuts, and coconut oil!
- For the bread:
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 flax egg combine 1 tbsp. of flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp. of water. Let sit for ~10 minutes.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or another nondairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic white sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth (leave of few chunks for texture).
- Mix the coconut oil, flax egg, vanilla, almond milk, maple syrup, and sugars in with the banana mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour dough into the greased pan.
- For the topping, mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, coat the walnuts in the coconut oil. Add the cinnamon and sugar mixture to the walnuts. Spread this evenly on top of the dough.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!