The best mornings involve coffee and banana bread, and we’ve got you covered for half of that.
This banana bread has a deliciously moist texture and is perfectly sweetened to go with your morning cup of joe.
For this bread, you’ll need:
- flax egg (flaxseed meal + water)
- overly ripe bananas
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- nondairy milk
- maple syrup
- white sugar + brown sugar
- baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon
Plus a topping of cinnamon, sugar, chopped walnuts, and coconut oil!
For the bread:
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic white sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Mix together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth (leave a few chunks for texture, if desired).
- Mix the coconut oil, vanilla, almond milk, maple syrup, sugars, and prepared flax mixture in with the mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- For the topping, mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, coat the walnuts in the coconut oil. Add the cinnamon and sugar mixture to the walnuts. Spread this evenly on top of the dough.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!