These pumpkin spice oatmeal cream pies are beyond good. Like, think pumpkin spice latte infused Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Creme Pies. But better.
They are super easy to make and they’re even gluten free!
For the cookies, you’ll need:
baking soda and salt
vegan butter (we use buttery sticks)
To make, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin spice in one bowl and beat the pumpkin, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in another. Next, mix the dry ingredients into the wet and fold in the oats. Scoop balls of dough onto baking sheet and flatten with your fingers or the bottom of a cup.
Bake the cookies at 350°F for 9-11 minutes. Let them cool completely, then frost the underside of one cookie with pumpkin spice buttercream and top with another cookie. For the fluffy buttercream, you’ll need:
vegan butter (room temp)
Beat the butter until it is very fluffy, for at least one minute. Add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat for another minute or so. Add milk as necessary. Add the pumpkin spice and beat again.
I mean, how good do they look? You’ll please everyone with these, we promise. Find the full recipe below!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cream Pies
For the cookies:
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
For the buttercream:
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- nondairy milk as necessary
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl, add the pumpkin puree, butter, sugars, and vanilla and beat with a mixer.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the oats.
- Use a scooper to place rounded scoops of batter on a lined baking sheet. Flatten each with your fingers or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Make the buttercream! Beat the butter for about a minute.
- Add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat for another minute or so.
- Add milk as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Add the pumpkin spice and beat again.
- Let the cookies cool completely. Spread or pipe the frosting on the bottom of one cookie and top with another!