This sweet ‘n’ salty dessert is perfect for the holidays! It’s made simply with five ingredients and requires little prep time.
Saltines: These are the base of this recipe! Just be sure you use ones that are vegan.
Topping: It’s topped with vegan chocolate (this brand is vegan) and toasted pecans. Yum!
Chocolate Toffee Saltine Bark
- 2 sleeves of vegan saltines
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two lined baking sheets with the saltines.
- In a saucepan on low heat, add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to combine
- Turn the heat to high until the mixture is boiling and let boil for ~30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the saltines.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Bake for another two minutes.
- Once out of the oven, spread the warm chocolate all over the toffee.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Let cool until firm. Break into pieces and enjoy!