This caramelly, chocolatey sweet ‘n’ salty dessert is perfect for the holidays. Once you make it, you’ll understand why it’s called Christmas Crack.
The toffee is made simply of:
Vegan Butter (we use this brand!)
& Organic Brown Sugar (check out this kind!)
Vegan Christmas Crack
- 2 sleeves of vegan saltines
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two lined baking sheets with saltines.
- In a saucepan on low heat, add the butter (we use this brand!) and let it begin to melt.
- Add the brown sugar(we use this kind!) and stir while continuing to heat on low until butter is completely melted.
- Turn the heat to high until the mixture is boiling and let boil for ~30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the saltines.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips (check out this brand and this brand!) on top. Bake for another two minutes.
- Once out of the oven, use the bottom of a spoon to spread the chocolate all over the crackers.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Let chill until firm. Crack into pieces and enjoy!