Chocolate. Chip. Cookie. Skillet.
The name says it all.
We’re so obsessed with this recipe because it’s so easy to throw together and tastes SO delicious, especially topped with a scoop of ice cream. So go ahead, grab a spoon!
Vegan Buttery Spread (we use this kind!)
Sugar (here’s an organic option!)
Brown Sugar (here’s an organic option!)
Nondairy Milk (we like this soy milk!)
Vanilla (here’s an organic option!)
& Chocolate Chips (we like these minis! these are also vegan)
Grab a few friends and enjoy this for dessert tonight!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
Grab a spoon and dig in!
- 5 tbsp (70 g) vegan butter
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) nondairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (84 g) vegan chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8″ round cast-iron skillet (or another oven-proof pan of the same size).
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and beat again until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared skillet. Top with extra chocolate chips, as desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Enjoy with vegan ice cream and chocolate drizzle!
Hi I’m so excited to make this for my son but I do t have a skillet. Would this work if I bake it on a different baking pan? Thanks!
I’ve made this several times and it is always a hit with friends and family. I’m thinking of trying to replace the vegan butter with coconut oil. Do you think that would work well?
This was amazing! I actually doubled the recipe and split the dough evenly between to 8 inch round pans to make a two-tier cookie cake for my husband’s birthday. I just used vanilla Betty Crocker icing but you could make your own of course. It was absolutely perfect! And he loved it! I baked it for 25 mins but I think I’ll try closer to 20 next time to get and even chewier texture. I took pics, too bad I can’t attach them here. Thanks for the awesome and simple recipe!
Your regular chocolate chip cookie recipe is my absolute favourite and I’m dying to try this skillet recipe! I would like to make two 5” personal skillet cookies for me and my daughter with this recipe. Do you have any advise on adjusting the oven temperature or baking time? I don’t want to mess it up 🙂 Thank you for your amazing recipes!
Can’t wait to give this recipe a try! Do you think I could make the dough and refrigerate for a day before baking?