If you grew up eating Panera’s rich, cheesy broccoli cheddar soup, you’re going to love this vegan option!
We made this recipe with Panera’s soup in mind. It’s made with plant-based ingredients and is much healthier than the original. For this creamy, delicious soup, you’ll need:
Onion, Garlic, & Broccoli
All Purpose Flour
Vegan Butter (we used this brand)
Rice milk (try this brand!)
Veggie stock (here is an organic option)
Vegan Cheddar cheese (we used Follow Your Heart)
And that’s all! It’s so easy to throw together and is perfect to warm up next to the fireplace with. And the best part? You don’t need to leave the house to get it!
Check out our other hearty recipes to get you through this cold and rainy spring:
Get cookin’! And make sure to let us know what you think!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 cup white onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups rice milk plain, unsweetened
- 3 heaping cups broccoli finely chopped
- 1 1/2 heaping cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Stir in the onions & garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix well, until the flour is fully incorporated, creating a roux.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Bring soup back to medium heat and add broccoli & carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese (we love Follow Your Heart) and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove about 1/4 of the soup from the pot and blend in a high speed blender. Add back to the pot. Stir well.
- Serve, add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy! We love to add croutons or bread to the soup when serving.