Looking for a quick and easy dinner? Well, look no further than this BBQ jackfruit pizza! It’s made with simple and delicious ingredients (but feel free to switch up with whatever you have in your pantry)! All you need is:
Vegan croissant dough (a lot of grocery store croissant dough is accidentally vegan, just check the ingredients!)
Canned Jackfruit (we used the Trader Joe’s brand but we also love this brand)
BBQ sauce (try out this organic & vegan brand!)
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (so many great brands, but we love this one)
And last but not least, fresh veggies + beans
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza
- 8 oz (1 can) vegan croissant dough a lot of brands are accidentally vegan, just check the ingredients
- 1 can jackfruit rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 cups marinara or BBQ sauce
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
Optional Toppings (play around, use what you have!):
- 2 tbsp onions diced
- 1 1/2 cups kale stemmed and chopped
- 2 tbsp mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans (any beans work, or omit!) rinsed and dried
- minced fresh chives & basil, vegan parmesan cheese, vegan ranch
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out the croissant dough, splitting it in half. Pinch the edges together to form 2 solid pizza crusts.
- Mix the olive oil or melted butter with the garlic salt and parsley. Brush on the crust.
- Put the dough on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes (it should be light brown). Take the dough out of the oven.
- Sauté the jackfruit (try this kind) in a pan over low-medium heat, mixing often for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of bbq sauce to the jackfruit. Let cook for another minute.
- In a separate non-stick pan, steam the kale, mushrooms and onions (or whatever veggies you prefer) over low-medium heat for about 3 minutes. If using, add the beans and cook for another minute.
- Top the pizza with the jackfruit, veggies and beans. Put the pizza back in the oven for another couple of minutes, if desired (until preferred crispiness). Brush the remaining oil mixture (if there's leftover) on the crust.
- Top with optional toppings such as fresh basil, chives, vegan parmesan, extra bbq sauce and/or vegan ranch. Enjoy!