This dip is perfect for a large crowd! Vegans and non-vegans alike will love it. It is a delicious take on classic chili cheese dogs.
Vegan beef crumbles
Vegan Cheddar Cheese
Vegan hot dogs
Vegan croissant dough
This is so easy to throw together if you’re looking for a last minute appetizer!
Chili Cheese Dip with Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups vegan beef crumbles
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs taco seasoning
For the queso:
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
For the pigs in a blanket:
- 6 vegan hot dogs
- 1 can vegan croissant dough
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- vegan bacon bits (cooked)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large frying pan, heat up the oil and sauté onions for five minutes.
- Add in vegan crumbles, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and vegetable broth.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- For the cheese sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan and add flour to make a roux.
- Add in milk and simmer until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Cut the hot dogs into thirds.
- Wrap each hot dog in ~1/3 of a piece of croissant dough and place around the edge of a large greased skillet.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes until dough is cooked all the way through and brown on top.
- Once done pour chili in the center and add the queso on top.
- Sprinkle with vegan bacon and parsley if desired then serve!