It’s finally fall meaning the perfect time to cook all the soup! Our favorite way to cook up soup is in the Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Slow Cooker. We are so excited to share with you our new broccoli cheddar soup recipe for crocktober. Our favorite slow-cooker makes this recipe extra creamy and delicious!
The best part of the slow-cooker is that you can throw all of the ingredients in the pot, press a button and it cooks perfectly all day! It is awesome for a busy family, student or someone who works all day. Plus, your house smells delicious while it’s cooking and dinner is ready once it’s done (it stays warm even when it’s done cooking!)
Another awesome feature of the slow-cooker is that you can lock it up and carry it anywhere once it is done cooking! Plus, it can make enough food for 7 or more people (meaning plenty to share with our huge family!)
Post sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand.
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups unsweetened, plain rice milk
- 5 cups thinly diced broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups diced white onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegan shredded cheese about 1 full bag or 1 shredded block
- 4 tbsp cornstarch + 4 tbsp water mix together to make a slurry
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least an hour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp lime juice
- bread bowls
- vegan mozzarella cheese
- Add all ingredients, including the cornstarch slurry but excluding the cashews, water and lime juice, to the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
- Make the cashew cream by blending the cashews, water and lime juice.
- Add the cashew cream to the pot and mix.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Optional: Serve in a bread bowl and top with vegan mozzarella cheese. Broil to make the cheese melty!