This chilly weather calls for all the soup! We are loving this creamy corn chowder soup made easily in the 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker! So nice that you can throw all of the ingredients in, set the timer and let it cook. Super easy for large families like ours as well as busy people who do not have time everyday to cook.
Just look at all that creamy deliciousness! Created simply by adding healthy & scrumptious ingredients to the slow-cooker, waiting 4 hours (while your house smells delicious!) and serving!
We also love how easy it is to click the lid into place & carry the dish wherever needed. Makes it nice and easy to make a dish to share with friends and family (think Thanksgiving!) Plus, the stoneware is super pretty and a nice addition to any table!
Post sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand.
Slow-Cooker Creamy Corn Chowder
- 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups rice milk plain, unsweetened
- 4 green onions white bulbs minced for soup and green diced for topping
- 1.5 cups diced white onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1.5 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp cornstarch + 4 tbsp water mix together to make a slurry before adding to slow-cooker
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least an hour
- 3/4 cup water
- Add all ingredients, including the cornstarch slurry but excluding the cashews & water, to the 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker.
- Make the cashew cream by blending the cashews & water in a high speed blender.
- Add the cashew cream to the pot and mix.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Top with the minced green onion & serve with a side of fresh bread.