As we are starting to see snow on the ground here in Michigan, we are constantly craving warm comfort foods! This cheesy rice made in the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker is so delicious and satisfies all of the comfort food cravings. It cooks quickly and smells delicious while doing so! Plus, the rice turns out extra fluffy and delicious.
Look at all that creamy, cheesy deliciousness!
We love how perfect the size of this Crock-Pot® pressure cooker is for holiday gatherings (it is 10 quarts!). We have a large family, and are excited to make holiday cooking a lot easier this season. It’s so nice that you can basically add your ingredients to the pressure cooker, wait 40 minutes and have a delicious dish to share.
This pressure cooker is also an awesome gift for the person who has everything! Get it here!
Post sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand.
Pressure Cooker Cheesy Rice
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, softened
- 2 cups long grain white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth we prefer water+vegetable bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened rice milk other non-dairy milks will work, but we prefer rice milk for its neutral flavor
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5-2 cups vegan cheddar or mozzarella shreds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley for topping
- Add the butter, rice and onion to the pressure cooker and mix well.
- Cook on the sauté setting for 5 minutes.
- Open and stir well.
- Add the vegetable broth, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Stir.
- Cook on the rice setting for 40 minutes.
- Open and stir.
- Quickly add in the rice milk, nutritional yeast & vegan cheese shreds. Start with 1.5 cups and add more if you want it cheesier. Mix until the cheese melts.
- Mix in the salt and pepper, top with parsley and enjoy!