Who doesn’t love french fries? We love to spice up the traditional fry recipe by adding our favorite seasonings! And, instead of frying, we bake them for a much healthier, but just as delicious option. This recipe is super quick, simple and the perfect addition to any dinner!
All you need is:
olive or canola oil
salt & pepper
vegan parmesan (or sub with another vegan cheese or nutritional yeast)
So, what are you waiting for? Whip up these delicious fries for dinner tonight! Just a heads up, give yourself some extra time (a couple hours or so!) to soak the fries prior to baking. This lends to crispier fries!
Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries
- 4 cups russet potatoes (about 4-5 potatoes, depending on size)
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil any cooking oil you have on hand should work
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper more or less to taste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan can sub for vegan mozzarella or any vegan cheese you have on hand
- Peel and slice the potatoes into long, 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices (or desired fry shape).
- Place the peeled and sliced potatoes in a strainer and run under cold water for at least 30 seconds.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 1-3 hours (this is optional but lends to crispier fries. If in a time crunch, limit the time or skip all together).
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a large baking sheet by coating with oil or lining with parchment paper.
- Once potatoes are done soaking, strain, pat dry and place in a large bowl. Add in the 2 tbsp of olive or canola oil and toss to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic salt, onion powder, paprika and cornstarch. Pour over fries and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread fries evenly on prepared baking sheet (make sure they are not overlapping/touching – you may need a second baking sheet if they don't all fit). Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes, flipping halfway. If necessary, cook longer until desired crispiness.
- Once the fries are finished baking, place them back in the seasoning bowl & toss in dried parsley, salt, pepper, minced garlic & vegan parmesan until evenly coated.
- Serve with a side of ketchup, sriracha, spicy mayo, smashed avo or any of your favorite dips!