In our opinion, you can’t go wrong with the combination of tofu and broccoli, especially when covered in a hearty creamy, peanut sauce. This recipe is the perfect meal to prep at the beginning of the week because it can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. Bonus: this dish can easily be doubled (or tripled!) if you’re looking to enjoy it multiple days in a row or feed a crowd.
We are so excited to bring you this recipe just as the world begins to open up again (fingers crossed!), and lots of us are headed back into the office or to school. This recipe is made easy in our favorite Crockpot™ Slow Cooker and made even easier when re-warmed to enjoy later in the Crockpot™ Lunch Crock®.
The Crockpot™ Lunch Crock® truly makes on-the-go lunches effortless because it warms while you work (or study!) allowing for you to have delicious meals whenever you need them.
Some of our favorite benefits of the Crockpot™ Lunch Crock® include:
It allows you to heat leftovers, soups, oatmeal and any number of your favorites into amazing meals away from home
The 20-ounce capacity is perfect for a personal, portion-sized meal
It’s easily portable — the travel lid seals food during transport
It allows for easy clean up — it has a removable, dishwasher-safe food container and lid
So, go ahead and make your lives easier by getting yourself a Crockpot™ Lunch Crock® AND prepping our Peanut Tofu & Broccoli recipe so you can enjoy it whenever and wherever.
For this recipe, you’ll start by quickly sautéing the tofu (if preferred, this is totally optional), then adding all the sauce ingredients to your Crockpot™ Slow Cooker.
You’ll continue by adding the tofu and eventually the broccoli and a cornstarch slurry. You can then sit back and let the Slow Cooker do the rest! Serve this dish by itself, over rice, quinoa or your favorite grain.
Post sponsored by Crockpot™
Slow Cooker Peanut Tofu & Broccoli
- Crockpot® Slow Cooker
- 1 (14 oz) block extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1 tsp olive oil optional, for sautéing (see step one)
- 1 head (about 5 cups chopped) broccoli
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat preferred
- 1/4 cup peanut butter can use crunchy or creamy
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, if preferred
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- green onion for topping
- sesame seeds for topping
- Chop the tofu into roughly 1-inch pieces. If preferred, sauté the tofu in 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat until lightly crispy on all sides (this is optional if you prefer a crispier tofu).
- Prepare the broccoli by chopping into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- To your Crockpot™ Slow Cooker, add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, and agave (or maple syrup).
- Whisk all ingredients together and add the cubed tofu. Cover and let cook on low for 2 hours (keeping in mind you will have to add the broccoli and cornstarch slurry at the 45-minute mark and mix at the 25-minute mark).
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and whisk well. At the 45-minute mark, add the cornstarch slurry and chopped broccoli. Mix well (some of the peanut butter sauce may be stuck to the sides. That's okay, just scrape off and mix well).
- At the 25-minute mark, open and mix one last time.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or your favorite grain. Top with green onions, sesame seeds, and more chili garlic sauce, if preferred.