These bars have a graham cracker crust that’s topped with a soft and chewy marshmallow-loaded chocolate chip cookie and extra chocolate on top. Yes, these treats are as good as they sound.
The crust is made of three simple ingredients:
- vegan graham cracker crumbs (Nabisco Grahams are free of dairy and honey!)
- vegan butter, melted
- light brown sugar
And the cookie dough requires just eleven!
- all-purpose flour (always be sure to measure your flour correctly)
- baking soda and salt
- vegan butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- non-dairy milk
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips (we love Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels and semi-sweet minis)
- vegan mini marshmallows
Finally, you’ll top these off with a vegan chocolate bars broken up into pieces. YUM!
How to make these bars
First, you’ll start by making the graham cracker crust. Simply stir together the three ingredients, then press it into a lined 9″x13″ pan. No need to bake anything yet!
Next, you’ll make a delicious, marshmallow-loaded chocolate chip cookie dough. Press that onto the graham cracker crust, being careful not to displace the crust too much.
Finally, break up a vegan chocolate bar and press the pieces all over the top! You could also use extra chocolate chips or chocolate chunks here. Bake at 350°F for just 16-18 minutes, then allow to cool before slicing in! The resulting bars are soft, chewy, and absolutely delicious with the graham cracker crust and soft marshmallows.
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 2 cups (240 g) vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted vegan butter
- 2 1/4 cups (281 g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly*)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp (5 g) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks [169 g]) vegan butter, slightly softened*
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (212 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups (80 g) vegan mini marshmallows
- 1-2 vegan chocolate bars, broken up into pieces (or desired amount)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line a 9"×13" (23x33cm) pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust by mixing together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter until well combined. Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Make the cookie dough: Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch to medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and sugar to a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the milk and vanilla and beat again until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Carefully press the cookie dough evenly on top of the graham cracker crust. Top with the chocolate pieces and gently press them in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs.
- Allow to cool and slice into 24 bars.
- Measure your flour using the spoon-and-level method or your bars may turn out dry and crumbly.
- You should use vegan buttery sticks (like Earth Balance) in this recipe rather than butter out of a tub. For the best consistency, bring your butter out 30 minutes to an hour before using.