These Spicy Gochujang Broccoli Wings are made up of perfectly crispy, broccoli tossed in a spicy flavorful gochujang sauce. The best part about these wings is how easy they are to make! The batter is just two ingredients, while the sauce is made up of just four (the main and most important one being Sempio Gochujang Chili Paste).
If you’re not familiar with gochujang, it’s a red chili paste made from red pepper flakes, glutinous rice, and fermented soybeans, and is popular in Korean cooking. Did we mention it’s absolutely delicious? Honestly, it’s so good by itself or combined with a few simple ingredients–sesame oil, maple syrup, and liquid smoke–as we have here (making it not only spicy, but sweet and smoky as well).
About the Crispy Broccoli Wings
The broccoli wings are so simple and easy to make, you’ll be tempted to make them every night! All you need is:
That’s it (really)! You just combine the flour and water, mix and then dunk in the broccoli and bake!
About the Spicy Gochujang Sauce
The sauce is made so simply with just four ingredients:
Just add all ingredients into a bowl, whisk well and add the baked crispy broccoli!
Love this recipe? Save it on Pinterest!
Not sure where to find gochujang by you? Order it on Amazon here!
Plus, you can get an additional 15% off on Amazon using our code SIXVEGANG (only until September 15th + can only be used once)! The code is applied at the checkout step and can be combined with existing coupons. Note: the code does not apply to original Gochujang paste in the 500g size, but can be applied to other sizes/flavors!
#Gochujang #GochujangPaste #Sempio
This blog post is sponsored by Sempio
Spicy Gochujang Broccoli Wings
For the crispy broccoli
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
For the gochujang sauce
- 3 tbsp Sempio Gochujang Chili Paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- green onion chopped
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and water. Dunk each piece of broccoli into the mixture (this can be done by putting all the broccoli into the bowl and mixing or individually dunking each piece).
- Place battered broccoli onto the prepared baking sheet and let cook for 40 minutes (flipping halfway)
- While the broccoli is cooking, make the sauce by combing the gochujang, sesame oil, maple syrup and liquid smoke into a large bowl.
- Once the broccoli is done cooking, add it to the bowl with the sauce and toss until they are all covered.
- Served topped with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!